STEPS to take for signing lease documents with your tenants and a cosigner:
1. Before building a document batch:
- Identify only one cosigner. LeaseRunner can accept only one cosigner per lease batch.
- Review the Cosigner Agreement template at the Templates tab and make changes if necessary.
- Select your tenants that will be living in the unit at the Manage Occupants page. If the cosigner was an applicant, do not select the cosigner as a tenant, but keep her as an applicant so that you can review her rental application or tenant screening in future.
- Please have the cosigner's rental application handy as you will need to type in the cosigner's personal information (name, address, email address, phone number, and drivers license)
- Click LEASE > select property> select tenants and appropriate document templates including the Cosigner Agreement > Complete Cosigner Form > Preview Documents > Send.
Please note: the Cosigner Agreement is designed to be a part of a document batch that includes a lease document. LeaseRunner's Cosigner Agreement is not designed to be executed without a lease agreement in the document batch. The document batch will be first emailed to a primary tenant for e-signature. Once the primary tenant signs, the document is emailed to tenant #2, etc., then to a cosigner who can view the lease but only signs the cosigner agreement, and finally to the property manager who is on file for this given property. The property manager executes the lease as the last person to sign. The document batch, including the Cosigner Agreement, is sent to all parties, along with an accompanying audit trail of the signing process.
Selecting Cosigner Agreement
Entering Cosigner's Data